New Mexico PBS's mission is to inform, engage, educate, and connect New Mexico's diverse communities, reflecting their interests and needs through quality programming, services, and online content that can be accessed anytime, anywhere.
New Mexico PBS will invest its resources to enrich the lives of viewers through engaging content and services that expand horizons, stimulate local culture, foster public dialogue, encourage civic involvement, and advance the quality of life for all.
Since 1958, New Mexico PBS has been a leader in public television with a history of innovative services connecting the people of New Mexico.
New Mexico PBS provides New Mexicans with the knowledge they need to make informed decisions; we convene community dialogue, and engage audiences to share their stories. We help students and teachers thrive in 21st century classrooms, and take people of all ages on journeys and exploration – exposing them to new people, places and ideas. We are leaders in using emerging technologies to bring benefits in the digital world and inspire community engagement. We act on the belief that place and community matter.
In 2018, New Mexico PBS provided these key local services:
• A trusted source for in-depth news and legislative coverage and information.
• New Mexico PBS engages the community in conversation about diverse issues through public screenings, digital media and special events. As the state’s leading provider of quality early childhood educational content, we support parents, teachers and childcare professionals with tools to help children succeed in school and life. We also equip classroom teachers with valuable digital resources to inspire students and put them on a path to educational achievement.
• Extensive local productions and community engagement activities that addressed important issues in the state such as election affairs and coverage, environmental issues, Hispanic arts and culture, the opioid crisis, mental health, veterans’ issues and more.
• NMPBS is one of the most watched public television stations in the country reaching over 650,000 households each week with 22,000 members across our state. Nmpbs.org provides users with a place to interact, learn more, and connect with others and has almost 1.3 million page views annually.
• Our social media presence continues to grow as well. We have over 14,000 Twitter followers, along with 5,700 Facebook followers and 2,300 Instagram followers.
• New Mexico PBS has extensive community partnerships, including the K-12 community, higher education, dozens of local service organizations and more. Our broad reach on-air, online and on the ground comprise an extensive educational and community service organization in New Mexico.