Music! It drives us to hit the dance floor and creates the landscape of our memorable moments in life. Seeing that music is so influential it is the perfect opportunity to inquire about the people who make the music we listen to. How are musicians faring after taking a year off from performing publicly? What about the venues where we gather to rock with our favorite bands or DJ’s?
Those that were able to stay afloat during the pandemic are gearing up to have the events that we’ve all missed so dearly. In episode 36 we talk to some of the people responsible for the music we listen to.
- Jerome Williams – DJ Jrock
- Vanessa Bowen – Tsidii
- Eddie Saenz – DJ Diamond Tip
- Anjo King
- James Black
- Roscoe Floyd – DJ Flo Fader
- Sydney Counce – Manager, Dust City Opera
- Jesus Gomez – Owner, Canvas Artistry
- Jeff Alberson – Jazztone The Producer
- Cheo Melendez – Cheo
- Dominic Ruiz – Dahm Life
- Alexei Pacholuk – Business School
- Colin Botsford – Sun Dog
- Luz Allison – Sun Dog
- Jeremy Jasper – Owner, Oh Lawd Records
- Lauren Poole – Prism Bitch
- Chris Walsh – Prism Bitch
- Teresa Cruces – Prism Bitch
- Tom Guralnick – Founder, Outpost Performance Space
SPECIAL THANKS TO:
- Jazztone the Producer, Cheo, Dahm Life, Business School, Sun Dog, and Oh Lawd Records for providing the sonic backdrop to NoMoNo. We are in deep gratitude for your generosity.
- Megan Kamerick for the editing help.
We dedicate this and every single episode of No More Normal to Hannah Colton. We love and miss you, Hannah.
No More Normal is brought to you by Your New Mexico Government, a collaboration between KUNM, New Mexico PBS, and the Santa Fe Reporter. Funding for our coverage comes from the Kellogg Foundation and KUNM listeners like you, with support for public media provided by the Thornburg Foundation.