Our Students

New Mexico PBS is proud to support Students

Irene AllenIrene Allen

My name is Irene Allen. I am in my fourth year in the Interdisciplinary Film and Digital Media Program, currently pursuing a BFA in Film Production, and fifth year at UNM. I have studied abroad twice in Seoul, South Korea at Dongguk University and was able to experience film through the eyes of a vastly different culture in addition to meeting and befriending people from all over the world. I would ultimately like to focus on camera work and film all over the world, specifically about nature, culture, and travel.

Jesse ChavezJesse Chavez

"Hello! My name is Jesse Chavez and I am currently a 2nd year student at UNM majoring in Journalism in Strategic Communications with a minor in Political Science. I was born and raised here in NM and have been living on my own for the past two years in Albuquerque. In my spare time I enjoy reading, coffee drinking, and have an interest in fashion. My future aspirations after school would be to write and work in communications for a fashion magazine. Getting the opportunity to work for KNME has been exciting and welcoming and I look forward to my journey here as a part of the team!"

Feliz RomeroFeliz Romero

"My name is Feliz Romero I am a fourth year at the University of New Mexico Studying Public Communication with a minor in Spanish. I enjoy working out, exploring New Mexico, drawing and reading. An aspiring MMJ and native New Mexican, I hope to enter the field of journalism upon graduating and look forward to reporting news in New Mexico. I am grateful for the opportunity to join the NMPBS team and strengthen my knowledge in a field I am passionate about."

Lauren HutchinsonLauren Hutchinson

West Huntsville born and raised, on the playground is where I spent most of my days.
Chilling out, maxing, relaxing all cool, and shooting some short films outside of school.
Until a couple of guys that were up to some good, started offering jobs in my neighborhood.
I got one lil job at KNME, and my momma said you're gonna move on out to Albuquerque.
I've got some experience since I've been here learning about production and using film gear.
If anything I could say that this job is rare and I feel really lucky to be able to be here.

Anthony JacksonArielle Martinez

Anthony is a senior at the University of New Mexico, majoring in journalism and political science. Anthony spends his free time hiking, reading and taking photographs. He believes photography can change the world.

Justine LopezArielle Martinez

"Hello! My name is Justine and I am currently double majoring in Journalism and Signed Language Interpreting at UNM. I’m an energetic yet easy-going person and I enjoy investing my time in creative projects. Denver born and ‘Burque raised, I have lived in the Land of Enchantment for the past 10 years. In my free time I like being outside as much as possible, taking photos, and playing the marimba."

Arielle MartinezArielle Martinez

"My name is Arielle Martinez and I am currently a junior at UNM studying Business with a minor in Media Arts. I'm originally from Espanola, NM but moved to Albuquerque about two years ago. I enjoy reading a variety of different books (my favorite being the Harry Potter series and The Perks of Being a Wallflower), listening to music, editing videos and watching as many TV shows and movies as I can. In high school, I really enjoyed my TV Production class so I'm really looking forward to all the experiences KNME will be offering me."

Anna PadillaRaechel Ostic

"My name is Anna Padilla. I am from Los Lunas and have lived in New Mexico all my life. I’m majoring in Journalism and Mass Communication and I am part of the Interdisciplinary Film and Digital Media program here at UNM. I love reading, writing, and photography. I look forward to my time here at NMPBS to learn and grow as much as I can. I hope to use the skills that I gain to help highlight the best of what New Mexico has to offer."

Faith PerezFaith Perez

"My name is Faith Perez, and I am currently a student at UNM majoring in film and digital media. I enjoy post-production work and learning about new software in my spare time. Having the opportunity to work here at KNME has given me invaluable experience, and I'm just excited to get to do what I love and learn everything I can while I am here!"

Kayleigh TrainumKayleigh Trainum

"My name is Kaylee Trainum and I was born and raised in Albuquerque, NM. I am studying journalism and communication with a concentration in multimedia journalism. Some of my hobbies include reading, writing, and playing outdoors with my two dogs. In the future, I hope to continue working in community outreach and writing in my spare time. I look forward to furthering my education and knowledge during my time at NMPBS."

Benjamin C YazzaBenjamin C Yazza

"My days are filled with media criticism papers, Chinese characters, phone interviews, quick video schedule chats, a stop at La Montanita Co-op for coffee and a pastry. Other days are trips to a hidden venue to take wedding photos and a late night film at The Guild. Totally content; my aspirations are to keep this type of schedule but to make the scale a whole lot larger."