Early Learning Advisory Council Medical Services
Contact: email@example.com / (505) 820-3472
- Director of Children’s Services, Presbyterian Medical Services
- Provider of Head Start, Early Head Start, Pre-K and home visiting services in New Mexico
Contact: AHsi@salud.unm.edu / (505) 270-4552
- Developed home visiting programs
- Medical director of the FOCUS FIT early intervention program
- Proud grandparent of a third generation New Mexican
Andrew Hsi, MD, MPH is the Principle Investigator of the FOCUS Early Intervention Program and Reflejos Familiares Project. He is also Professor of Pediatrics at the University of New Mexico Health Sciences Center. Dr. Hsi has focused on developing systems of care for children and families affected by prenatal alcohol and drug exposure, family violence and parental mental illness.
Contact: SaGonzalez@salud.unm.edu / (505) 604-4612
- Head of UNM Advocacy Program in Pediatrics
- Pediatrician, Young Children’s Health Center
- Mother of 2
J. Paul Taylor Early Childhood Task Force
Contact: MedinaC@salud.unm.edu / (505) 417-2073
For almost 20 years, Medina engaged in helping battered immigrant women find their strength and power, as co-founder and executive director of Albuquerque’s Enlace Comunitario. She is now serving as the Director of Pathways to a Healthy Bernalillo County. The mission of Pathways is Connecting underserved county residents with health care and other support systems and assisting them as they navigate through it; Coordinating services for the underserved residents to achieve positive individual-level health outcomes; and Assuring collaborative planning and improvement of our health care system.
The YWCA named Medina “A Woman to Be Reckoned With,” which honors an extraordinary woman each year as part of the YWCA’s annual Women on the Move Awards.