FREE EVENT AT MOUNTAIN ROAD MUSEUMS IN ALBUQUERQUE
FOR ALL EDUCATORS IN NEW MEXICO
Wednesday, September 26, 5:30-8:00pm
A special night for education professionals
Albuquerque, NM – All New Mexico teachers and educators of pre-K12, pre-service, classroom, and home school programs are invited to visit the Museums on Mountain Road in Albuquerque (The Albuquerque Museum of Art & History, Explora Science Center, and the New Mexico Museum of Natural History and Science) on Wednesday, September 26, 5:30-8:00pm. The night’s event is free for teachers and sponsored by the participating museums.
Teachers are asked to please bring their families another time since this event is designed specifically as a professional development evening.
Teachers are encouraged to visit one or more of the museums, learn about museum educational programs, obtain materials for their classrooms and home school environments, engage in museum activities and meet exhibitors located at each site. There will be store discounts, special attractions and door prizes.
The Museums on Mountain Road will provide:
The Albuquerque Museum of Art & History, 2000 Mountain Road, Albuquerque
- See current art and history exhibitions including ISEA2012 Albuquerque: Machine Wilderness, which explores the intersections of art, science and technology.
- Free resources and refreshments
Explora, 1701 Mountain Road, NW, Albuquerque
- Experience all exhibit areas open
- Shop and receive a special discount at Ideas, the Store at Explora
- Learn about educational programs including field trips, outreaches, professional development
New Mexico Museum of Natural History & Science, 1801 Mountain Road, NW, Albuquerque
- See free DynaTheater (3-D) show at 5:30pm & xperience the Planetarium show at 7pm
- Telescopes inside and outside, Observatory open 5-8pm
- Explore Dinosaur Century Exhibit and ISEA2012 sculptures
Local non-profit educational and community organization exhibitors will be located at each of the three museums and many groups will distribute a variety of free materials.