Our Students

New Mexico PBS is proud to support Students

Irene AllenIrene Allen

My name is Irene Allen. I am in my fourth year in the Interdisciplinary Film and Digital Media Program, currently pursuing a BFA in Film Production, and fifth year at UNM. I have studied abroad twice in Seoul, South Korea at Dongguk University and was able to experience film through the eyes of a vastly different culture in addition to meeting and befriending people from all over the world. I would ultimately like to focus on camera work and film all over the world, specifically about nature, culture, and travel.

Anthony HerreraAnthony Herrera

My name is Anthony Herrera and I attend the University of New Mexico studying Medieval History and Journalism. Prior to working at KNME-TV I worked for Talk Media News (formally Talk Radio News Service) in Washington, DC as well as the People, Power and Democracy project during the legislative session. I have a deep passion and love for journalism that started in my first journalism class with Melanie Majors at UNM. I was born in Albuquerque, NM and raised in Rio Rancho, NM.

Lauren HutchinsonLauren Hutchinson

West Huntsville born and raised, on the playground is where I spent most of my days.
Chilling out, maxing, relaxing all cool, and shooting some short films outside of school.
Until a couple of guys that were up to some good, started offering jobs in my neighborhood.
I got one lil job at KNME, and my momma said you're gonna move on out to Albuquerque.
I've got some experience since I've been here learning about production and using film gear.
If anything I could say that this job is rare and I feel really lucky to be able to be here.

Kevin MaestasKevin Maestas

"Hello, my name is Kevin Maestas. During my pursuit of a bachelor’s in Multimedia Journalism, I have fallen in love with Photojournalism. The viewfinder of the camera has become the vessel in which I perceive my community, and the larger world. In the Spring of 2017, I joined KNME to work on the People, Power, and Democracy Project covering the New Mexico legislative session. Luckily, once the Spring semester completed I joined the ranks at NMPBS to continue my expansion of knowledge in the realm of storytelling through journalism. In my free time, I work as a freelance photographer with the DailyLobo. Now that I am approaching my final semester of undergrad, I look forward to broadening my skillset within the studio, on assignment, ultimately expanding my knowledge of photography and cinematography in a journalistic context. Upon graduation, I am crossing my fingers for the opportunity to continue to work in a professional newsroom, preferably with a camera in my hands. "

Arielle MartinezArielle Martinez

"My name is Arielle Martinez and I am currently a junior at UNM studying Business with a minor in Media Arts. I'm originally from Espanola, NM but moved to Albuquerque about two years ago. I enjoy reading a variety of different books (my favorite being the Harry Potter series and The Perks of Being a Wallflower), listening to music, editing videos and watching as many TV shows and movies as I can. In high school, I really enjoyed my TV Production class so I'm really looking forward to all the experiences KNME will be offering me."

Taylor MillsTaylor Mills

"My name is Taylor Mills and I am a new student employee at New Mexico PBS, I am a Senior at UNM working towards a BFA in Studio Art! My love of the digital world and art has led me to a path in Media Arts that I am excited to explore. I work in the New Media/Production departments here at NMPBS, I even helped create the website you are viewing this on! I have a passion for art, computers, and dogs. In my free time I enjoy working on my own art, taking my dogs for walks, video games, and finding new outlets for my creativity. Although I have just started my journey here at New Mexico PBS I have already learned so much and can’t wait to continue growing here!"

Faith PerezFaith Perez

"My name is Faith Perez, and I am currently a student at UNM majoring in film and digital media. I enjoy post-production work and learning about new software in my spare time. Having the opportunity to work here at KNME has given me invaluable experience, and I'm just excited to get to do what I love and learn everything I can while I am here!"

Ryan RandallRyan Randall

"Hello, my name is Ryan Randall and I started working at New Mexico PBS in May of 2016. I am a finance major at UNM and a transfer student from CNM where I studied culinary arts and political science. I am overjoyed to be working at PBS where I can gain valuable experience and skills."

Eduardo San MiguelRyan Randall

"I am a junior at the University of New Mexico and I am majoring in Political Science with a minor in Economics. My interests are dogs, movies, and working out. I have a twin brother. We have an awesome pit-bull who is the most loving dog you will ever meet and her name is Luna. I am originally from Alamogordo, New Mexico and moved here in 2014 for school. My family is very important to me. In my free time I go to the dog park, listen to music, go to the movies, travel, and hang out with friends. I am very excited to be working here and hope to gain a lot of experience!"

Henry SimeHenry Sime

"My name is Henry Sime, I'm studying IFDM with a concentration in Television and Film Production at UNM. I was raised in Angel Fire and attended high school in Cimarron, NM. In my free time I enjoy being outside and playing with my dog Charlie. I've been interested in production since I joined the broadcast team at my high school. I hope that the experience I get working at New Mexico PBS will help me to get a job after I graduate. This job has been a great opportunity because I have gained valuable experience and been able to meet people who have similar interests."

Shannon SummersShannon Summers

"My name is Shannon Summers, I am a Senior at UNM studying Environmental Sustainability. I plan to continue my education and obtain a Master’s degree in Community and Regional Design. I was born and raised in Albuquerque, New Mexico and enjoy cooking, painting (real life portraits), the outdoors, and crafting in my free time. I am grateful for the opportunity of working at NM PBS!"

William ThomasWilliam Thomas

"My name is William Thomas and I am majoring in Film and Digital Media with a minor in History at UNM. The amount of time I spent watching movies and playing with cameras as a child pretty much led to my keen interest in technical and creative production of professional film and digital media today. My eventual goal is to write, produce and direct my own work in both the fields of narrative cinema and documentary. In my free time I enjoy making and watching movies, listening to music, playing classical guitar, photography, video games, hiking/camping, traveling, exploring the outdoors and writing. I am very excited to have the opportunity to be working at New Mexico PBS as I have lived in Albuquerque all my life. I am pleased to be a part of the professional community here, especially in a field that I enjoy and want to learn more about."

Allen TrujilloAllen Trujillo

"Hello, my name is Allen Trujillo, and I am a junior at UNM. I am majoring in General Management with a minor in Journalism. I have a deep passion for sports, specifically basketball and football. In my future I hope that I am able to further my education by getting a masters degree in Sports Management or being a sports analyst on TV. I really enjoy cooking food as well and spending quality time with my family and friends. Having my own restaurant is something that I have always dreamed of! Being able to work and be a part of the New Mexico PBS team is something that I am very grateful for. I feel so fortunate to be able to be in an environment where everyone loves to come to work and is overjoyed about what we are doing. To be able to learn from my peers, build friendships and gain valuable experience is what makes working at New Mexico PBS an experience that I know I'll never forget!"